Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 RGB Review
Published: 17th July 2018 | Source: Corsair | Price: | Author: Mark Campbell
It is always nice to have a look at a case before NDA, a magical time where you can view products without the taint of marketing speak and with no pre-defined thoughts about it qualities, good or bad.
Corsair's SPEC series has always been about delivering a striking aesthetic with an affordable price tag, though the series has quickly moved from being budget-basement enclosures to become more versatile while maintaining a relatively low price tag.
Today marks the launch of Corsair's Carbide SPEC-06 chassis, a new PC case which offers users a reasonable price tag and all of the trimmings that modern PC builders expect. Fans of RGB illuminations will be glad to know that the case delivers its users RGB lighting (in its aptly named RGB variant) and those who dislike the function can also ship with static LED lighting on its non-RGB counterpart. The SPEC-06 enclosure is also available with both white and black colour schemes, making the chassis suitable for most PC builds.
In this review, we will be looking at Corsair's SPEC-06 White RGB, which is pictured below.
Looking at the case's specifications, we can see that the SPEC-06 is a bit of an all-rounder, offering support for full-sized ATX motherboards, seven PCIe expansion slots and up to six 120mm fans.
Corsair has also built their SPEC-06 with extensive water cooling support, though we will look into the positives and negatives of this support later. In the table below you can see what kinds of radiators are supported by this enclosure, which includes a 240mm radiator at the top of the case and a 360mm radiator at the front of the chassis.
– Distinctive Exterior Design with Tempered Glass Side Panel Window: The asymmetrical, smooth-edged design adds bold styling to your build.
– Light it Up: Integrated RGB front lighting adds dramatic illumination to your system, powered by a built-in three-switch controller with seven different lighting modes.
– Versatile Cooling Options: Room for up to six 120mm fans, or a 360mm radiator in front, 240mm radiator in the roof, and 120mm radiator in the rear.
– Expansive Storage Space: Ample of room for additional drives with room for up to four 2.5in SSDs and two 3.5in HDDs.
– Builder-Friendly Internal Layout: Simple and intuitive internal layout enables easy and quick building.
– Built-in Cable Routing: Dedicated cable routing compartment enables effortlessly clean builds.
– Direct Airflow Path Cooling: Two included 120mm fans ensure cool air is directed to the hottest components, without any interference from drive cages.
US buyers will be able to purchase the SPEC-06 for $79.99/$89.99 for the case's non-RGB and RGB enabled variants. In the UK, the SPEC-06 will cost £74.99 for the non-RGB versions and £84.99 for the SPEC-06 RGB.