Apple announces new red iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
Apple is introducing new red models of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus today. As with the iPhone 7 models announced around the same time last year, Apple is working with Product (RED), an organization that campaigns to fight HIV and AIDS in Africa; an unspecified portion of proceeds from sales of the phones will go to the charity. Unlike last year's white-bezeled models, the red iPhone 8 has a black front panel.
The Product (RED) iPhone 8 and 8 Plus join the existing space gray, silver, and gold models in the lineup. Last year, Apple discontinued the red variants of the 7 and 7 Plus once the 8, 8 Plus, and X were announced in September, so these new models may only be on sale for less than half a year.
Apple is taking preorders for the new phones starting tomorrow, April 10th, and will start shipping them on Friday, April 13th. Pricing remains the same, beginning at $699 for a 64GB iPhone 8 and $799 for an 8 Plus.
Next Up In Circuit Breaker
- HP goes up against the iPad Pro with its $599 Chromebook x2
- Apple will reportedly announce a red iPhone 8 Monday
- Ruark Audio’s MRx is a multiroom speaker for design lovers
- This Game Boy-style iPhone case has one redeeming feature
- I’m not sure connected planters will ever succeed
- LG’s G7 ThinQ could launch in May with an AI button