Apple rolls out live news in TV app for iOS and Apple TV
Apple’s TV app now supports live news, a feature first shown off on stage at the September event that saw the announcement of the Apple TV 4K. US viewers should now see live news sources appear in the TV app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. 9to5Mac spotted the update.
Initial news sources include CNN, CBS, Fox News, Bloomberg, CNBC, and Cheddar, all appearing in the primary Watch Now section of the app on iOS and tvOS 11.2.5. The TV app also got support for live sports programming with an update back in December.
Next Up In Tech
- Android Messages may soon let you text from the web
- Facebook is testing a downvote button, but only for comment moderation
- Emily Chang’s Brotopia takes aim at sexism in Silicon Valley
- I’m not so sure Waymo’s going to win against Uber
- Reporters in China should close iCloud accounts to avoid surveillance, says free press watchdog
- Apple appears to be blocking developers from using its emoji in their apps