GameStop appears to be launching an unlimited used game rental subscription
GameStop appears to be offering a new service that will let customers rent a used game, play it as much as they want, return it, and check out another title as often as they’d like, according to a leaked magazine ad spotted by user Virtua on the ResetEra gaming forum (via Polygon).
The new program, called Power Pass, costs $60 for six months, and allows customers to borrow any used game that GameStop has to offer. Plus, at the end of the six-month period, you’ll get to keep whatever the last title you checked out was.
Limited to whatever used games are physically available at your local GameStop
While GameStop has yet to confirm the Power Pass program, it’s likely only a matter of time before we got an official announcement. According to the ad, users will be able to sign up for the program starting on November 19th.
Looking closer at the fine print, the only catches are that you need to be a member of GameStop’s PowerUp Rewards program to sign up, and that you’ll be limited to whatever used games are available at your local GameStop.
If you’re someone who likes to play a lot of games and lives near a GameStop, however, it sounds like a pretty good deal.
Next Up In Gaming
- The 10 biggest announcements from PlayStation’s Paris Games Week 2017 keynote
- Destiny 2's first expansion is coming on December 5th
- PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One X in pictures
- Nintendo raises Switch forecast to nearly 17 million units by April
- Five short, spooky games to play this Halloween
- Frost is a chill new iPhone puzzle game to zone out to