After My Tutorial on how to install Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10 on Vmware worksation 12 ,now I decide to do another one which will be on how to install Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11 on VMware Player and VMware workstation 12/11. I n my case here I am going to install it on VMware workstation 12 running on Windows 10.
Download links :Wait 5 seconds then click Skip Ad on the top right of the screen :
For vmware workstation 11 nd 12 :
If you want to read this is all what I said in this video in case you didn’t understand something:
You should first have VMware Workstation 12 installed .
Installation Steps :
- 1-Extract unlock 207
- 2-Open the extracted folder then right click on win-install.cmd and run as administrator
- 3-Wait until the black screen vanish by itself and you are good to go.
- 4-Extract OSX 10.11 El Capitan Retail
- 5-Open VMware Workstation 12 and choose “create a new virtual machine”
- 6-Choose typical then click Next
- 7-Choose I will install the operating system later then click next
- 8-Choose Apple Mac OSx and version OSx 10.11
- 9-Rename the virtual machine like you want
- 10-Click browse and add a new folder where your virtual machine files will be located.(make sure it is not the same name of the folder where we did extract OSX 10.11 El Capitan retail)
- 11-Click ok then click next
- 12- Choose store virtual disk as a single file then click Next
- 13-Finally Click Finish
- 14-Now Choose edit virtual machine settings then choose at least 4 gb of ram then 4 processors 15-Remove the Hard disk(SATA)
- 16-Now click Add then choose Hard Disk then choose SATA then click Next
- 17-Choose Use an existing virtual disk then click Next
- 18-Click browse then choose the file that we extracted before (OSX 10.11 El Capitan retail by…. ) then click open
- 19-Click finish then Keep Existing Format
- 20-Click Ok
- 21-Now return to Unlock 207 folder then open “key for vmware.txt” and copy smc.version = “0”
- 22-Open the New folder that we create for the virtual machine and open the file .vmx using notepad
- 23-Paste smc.version = “0” in the end of the text and click save
- 24-Open VMware workstation 12 then follow the video
- 25-Now we should install darwin tools.
- 26-Right click on the virtual machine , choose removable devices then CD/DVD (SATA) then settings 27- choose iso image file then click browse
- 28-Go to unlock 207 folder then tools folder then choose darwin.iso
- 29-Now click connect
- 30-Double click on VMware tools and install then enter your password
- 31-Click restart and you will be able to use your Mac OSX El Capitan .
- 32-Finally if you want to use Mac OSX El Capitan in Full Screen all you have to do is going to view then choose Fit guest Now